|Our Christmas tree and a few gifts from last year. Note: our tree looked much better than it does in this picture! I had just gotten a new camera and knew not what I was doing!|
|All of our cute stockings I made myself. Nothing fancy, but super cute. The names are Sparta, Duke, Dutchess, Wifey, and Hubby.|
|This fancy smancy tree is my mom's. I love the color of her walls. Makes me want to eat avocado.|
|She totally beats me at decorating! See that snowman over the fireplace? Yea, she painted that herself!|
I love Christmas. It's a beautiful time of year. I don't like over crowded stores. But, being as my husband works until 1 in the morning, we usually do all our shopping at like, 3 AM. It's not so crowded then! I love the snow and the cold, the niceness of people, the corny Christmas sweaters, I love singing Christmas hymns at church, and I love the Christmas sermon, I love the adorable nativity, and I love hearing the story of Jesus' birth, even though I've heard it a bajillion times! I love pretending to still believe in Santa, and I love buying my dogs toys, and my cats food (we all know that's all cats want anyway!) I love the hot chocolate, the Christmas lights, and picking out and decorating the Christmas tree! I love decorating, and the warmness of the season. I LOVE buying people gifts, wrapping their gifts, and giving them their gifts. I love cookie days, and all the delicious food that's everywhere!
I am eagarly awaiting this years Christmas. This will be my husband and I's THIRD Christmas as a married couple, which seems crazy. It will be our 7th together as a couple. We're still creating traditions. So far, this is what we do every year.
1. Buy, and cut down a real tree. (Preferably the biggest tree you possible can, and drive home wondering if it will really fit!) Last year we waited until like the first weekend in December. This year I think we're going the weekend after Thanksgiving. This was such a fun experience, and I totally wish I would have had a good camera to take pictures!
2. Use immense, and insane amounts of tinsel on the tree. I'm ashamed to admit that we used at least 4 boxes of tinsel last year.
3. Spend Christmas Eve at my mom and dads with the rest of my family.
4. Spend Christmas morning with each other, open gifts, then head to mom and dad's again to spend the day.
5. Make as many cinnamon rolls as possible for Christmas Eve.
6. Have a cookie day, where you bake as many cookies as possible.
7. Share cookie baskets with neighbors or friends.
8. Get hot chocolate, get in the car and drive and check out everyone's awesome lights and lighted nativities.
So, those are our traditions thus far, what are your Christmas traditions? Does Santa visit your home? Do you do a Christmas tree? Please feel free to share in the comments section!