8/30/12

Nothing Exciting


Day's are slipping by quickly, but the hours seem so slow.  I feel fall on it's way, slowly creeping closer, and feel the need to prepare for the cooler, cozy weather.  We have much to do here to get prepared!  We are painting this coming weekend, redoing the floor the weekend (s) after that, getting some furniture, and I hope to get some decorating done before the holidays start.  My goal is for things to be done by the 1st of October.

I'm struggling yet again with insomnia.  It always happens so unexpectedly, and it's hard to get sleeping schedules right.  I know I need to get back to sleeping at normal times, but it seems so difficult!  I've also been trying to decide how I'm going to work my sleeping schedule once we bring the chickens here.  That probably sounds strange!  We are converting the shed (in picture above) into a coop, with a run for the chickens during fall and winter.  I'll be locking them away at night, and then letting them out in the morning.  Once I get goats (hopefully this coming spring!) I'll also have to wake up at daybreak to let them out.  With my husband working second shift, figuring out when to sleep and when to be awake can be confusing!

I have, have, have, to get better at meal planning and following through with what I plan.  It would also be great if I could get into a better planned daily schedule!  I almost always start my cleaning routine for the day in the evening, whereas most people would start in the morning.  I think I would be less stressed if I got it all done first thing in the morning, and then worked on blogging, etc.  I need to develop more self discipline!

Lastly, I have recently stumbled upon a great craft to do.  Loom knitting.  I am totally in love with it!  I'm working on some projects and will try to share some pictures soon!

What's going on in your life right now?  Anything exciting?

No comments: