2/17/12

Springtime Whispers

Via Pinterest

I have been disappointed by this winter.  Last year we endured a blizzard, many frigid days, and quite a few snow storms.  I love the winter.  Snow makes everything pure and magical.  I've resigned my hopes for any more snow this year, if there is some, it will be little.  So, I'm preparing for the next season.  Spring.  The first day of spring is actually just a month and a few days away.

Via Pinterest
I can't wait for the sun to shine, the temperature to be nearly perfect, the damp grass, and blooms and blossoms everywhere.  Like last year, I'm planning a garden.  I hope for this one to be more successful!  I have a better plan this year, so I think that will help.

Via Pinterest
I also think I'm going to make more of an effort this year to grow flowers.  I love flowers, and I have a bit of an addition to tulips.  I've considered making a weekly flower purchase, to brighten things up here, but I'm not sure if the cost is worth it.  I figure if I'm growing flowers I can have a fresh bouquet often.  That is if I can stand picking them!! I have a tendency to pass wildflowers by just because I hate to kill their beauty by picking them.

Via Pinterest
Are you guys feeling spring fever too?  Do you have your gardens planned?  Feel free to share in the comments!

Oh, and one more cute spring picture...

Via Pinterest

1 comment:

Whitney said...

We've had springtime weather instead of winter as well! I rather like the refreshing chill on occasion. Perhaps next year. I'm just praying all this warm weather won't mean bad storms again this spring. Last year's spring storms here in the south were a beast..week after week after week. hah. Other than the stormy weather of spring, I love the season for gardening! We plan and plant as much as we can in our containers on our apartment balcony! It's an oasis to walk out and be surrounded by fresh veggies, herbs and flowers! You should definitely plant some flowers for yourself. They do make an indoor space so much more cheerful! (The bulbs growing in water in the photo looks like quite the inventive idea!). :)