9/23/11

Challenging...

Duke's recovery is coming along, but not without challenges.

Duke is a stubborn, willful dog by nature.  It's just who he is.  It's who he has always been, and I love him despite his ornery side.  Yesterday morning we woke up and he had pulled his bandage down his leg.  It was exposing one of his staples.  ((On a different note the staple and wound looked exceptionally well.  It looks like they kind of turned it over and stapled it.  Smart move on their part as far as I'm concerned!!))  The part I think was really bothering him was they had super, super sticky adhesive wrap on his skin.  And this adhesive was on his long hairs and all in his short hairs.  I know how irritating that must have felt.  I got new bandages and an ace bandage and wrapped it the best we could and called the vet.  They said as long as we corrected it it should be ok.  Throughout the day yesterday though it just kept getting bunchier.  Last night we took the outter wrap off, cut down the gauze pulled it up and re-wrapped it.  We also went ahead and called the vet to make an appointment to have them re-wrap it.  I am secretly praying (and so can you!) that they'll say it looks soooo amazing they won't put the bandage back on.  Since yesterday everytime we got outside Duke is being ornery. He doesn't want to get up and walk because his bandage bothers him.  I know it's his bandage.  He tells me it's his bandage.  Yes I know I sound crazy!  When you live with a dog it's entire life you learn what they are trying to tell you.  He stands up, takes a big lick of his leg and looks at me.  I know he's saying, "Mom, I'm fine, take this off, please!"  When we get outside he does this...


He just stands there.  I know FOR A FACT he HAS to go potty.  But he just stands there.  And then...


He lays in the grass.  Just plops down and lays there.

Eventually we started walking, he eventually went potty, but the entire time he was pulling, trying to go where HE wanted to go, and generally ignoring EVERYTHING I said!  I can tell he is feeling better, but he's just challenging everything and I know it's probably because he doesn't understand why he has to be on a lead, or why he can't go out and run.  He is also donkey kicking with his bad leg!  Which is good because it's nice to see him flexing his knee a little, but I'm just scared it could hurt him.  This morning I also noticed he got his little foot down to the ground and was standing on it.

Not much else is going on around here.  I've been trying to catch up on any cleaning that needs to get done.  I still have some more to do today.  I've also been working more on a blog design.  Which as been a little more time consuming than I thought.  It probably doesn't help that I'm a wee bit of a perfectionist!  I've tampered with doing some blog designs for awhile now, but have been hesitant.  If I'm making something for someone I want it to be as good as I can make it!  In high school I took a web design class, and seriously considered going to college to become a graphic designer, but didn't.  It has, however, been something I've worked with a lot since I graduated, but haven't done much in probably the last year or so.  If there is anything in specific anyone wants to learn about bloggers features, or design questions, feel free to ask!  I've learned a lot in just the last few days.

Ok, I'm going to get lost in some HTML! (lolz, funny joke, eh?!)

1 comment:

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

What a cute pup he is! Im sure i'd be just as ornery if I had just come out of surgery. Poor thing. :(((