9/27/11

Anniversaries and Tippy Toes...

First I'll start with a puppy update!  Duke is doing really, really good.  He seems much more back to normal, and not in as much pain, which is WONDERFUL!  We went in on Saturday for them to re-wrap the bandage but they just took it off instead!  We were so excited, and so was Duke.  They advised us to get a e-collar for him to keep him from licking his staples, but we didn't.  Duke is pretty amazing at listening when it comes to things like that.  He's licked it a few times, and we've told him no, and he then starts taking big huge licks of his ankle!  Or if he's feeling particularly ornery he will take his whole ankle into his mouth and bite on it.  I'm not sure what he's imply by doing that just yet.  Over the last few days Duke has been holding his leg lower, so where his knee was at a 90 degree angle almost all the time, now his paw nearly touches the ground when he walks.  Yesterday we took a little longer walk than we have been.  I figure it won't hurt being as he isn't actually using his leg and he is, at all times, on a lead.  While we were out he really stretched his leg a few times, and at one point took two, itty bitty tippy toe steps with his leg!!!!!  And he would also "fake walk" he moved his leg as if he were using it, without touching his paw to the ground.  We go back to the vet October 3rd to get  his staples out, and I'm assuming we'll have another follow up after that.  I would share pictures, but like I said, he's back to being difficult!!

Yesterday was Rob and I's two year anniversary!  It's hard to believe we've been married two years!  This time two years ago we were on our way to South Padre Island for our honeymoon!  It's been a wonderful two years, and I have no doubt that there will be many more.  I thought I'd share the card Rob got me for our anniversary.


Rob is the best card picker outer ever.  He always just gets the perfect card.  I don't know how he does it!


Soul Mateys!!


"Here's to where we've been...here's to where we're going...here's to our life together under this big blue sky of sunshine and stars.  I love being in the same boat with you."

How long have you been married?  Have any marriage advice to share? Feel free to leave it in the comments, or just say hi!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Aww - happy anniversary!

And I'm so glad Duke is doing better. I hope the rest of his recovery goes well.

Unknown said...

I just wanted to let you know I left you an award on my blog :)

Thanks for being a follower!

www.theclumsycoquette.com