Upon completing my hiatus, I received this lovely blogger award from Amber at Lucky Lees to Be!
|Click here check out her blog!|
Thank you Amber, your blog is one of my very favorites to read! I would reaward you if I could! So, this is how this works!
1. Thank and link back to the people who awarded you these awards.
2. Tell everyone 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Pass the award to 7 lovely bloggers. (I am not following a lot of people, so I'm only listing 5)
4. Contact each blogger and let them know you have passed this award onto them.
7 random facts?! This will be interesting!!
1. I always turn my socks inside out, and then back outside in before putting them on. I just have a phobia of having any crumbs or whatever in my sock. I think this stems from my childhood when I had gone outside with just socks on, came inside, took them off, balled them up and my mom washed them. They were still balled/crumpled when I got them back and I just put them on. To my horror I found out there were crushed leaves in one of them!
2. Four years ago I bought my very first bedding set. I got black sheets, and a hot pink down alternative comforter. I still sleep/cuddle with this comforter even though it keeps getting holes and I keep having to patch it! I need to get a new one, but, I hate the thought of retiring my lovely pink blanket!
3. I love animals. I have two dogs and two cats whom I absolutely adore. I have bottle raised kittens, and baby bunnies, I have hand fed baby birds, sheltered strays (cats and dogs) until they found homes, and even took in a few opossums. If it needs a safe place, I love providing it! Thankfully my husband is fully supportive, and never complains about the new creature being cared for.
4. I hate doing dishes. We do not have a dishwasher, so it’s all done by hand. It is a struggle to keep on top of it all being as any meal made from scratch usually gets messy!
5. I was/am an accidental housewife. Ever since I graduated from high school I’ve had a job. Unlike any of my peers, I was constantly struggling with my job no matter what it was. I never enjoyed any of my jobs, and quite frankly they made me emotionally and mentally depressed. When I lost my job over a year ago, I wanted to find a job I loved. When I couldn’t find a job, I realized I didn’t want one. I realized I wanted to be a housewife. My job isn’t glamorous, it isn’t easy, but I love it!
6. I am on a quest to become more self-sufficient. This is a very slow journey! By self-sufficient I mean I want to grow the food I eat. Whether that means animals or plants. This year I am planting my very first garden. I am planting, caring for, harvesting, and canning and freezing. I may be pathetic but I think this will be an exciting adventure!
7. I love country living. I live in the country currently, and we are only about 15 minutes away from stores, but it’s very quiet out here. I honestly cannot imagine living in suburbia, and I don’t see that being in my future.
Now, for 5 bloggers whom I read and I think deserve this lovely award! (It’s supposed to be 7, however, I will be honest and say I am not currently following a lot of people!)
1. Debra at Happy to be Home
2. Mandy at She Breathes Deeply
3. Brittany at The High Heeled Housewife
4. Gretchen at The Proverbs 30-HUH?! Woman
5. Cecillia at The Journey of a Young HomemakerThank you again, Amber for the award, and I hope you guys have fun checking out these links and exploring new blogs!