11/19/10

Introductions Are In Order...

I am excited to be starting this blogging adventure!  I've had a few blogs when I was younger, but now, in this new chapter in life, I thought it was fitting to start over.  I have been married for a year and two months, and my husband and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary November 15.  It seems like days ago, yet an eternity all at the same time.  Becoming a housewife was rather unexpected for me.  Since graduating high school, I have worked full time jobs.  I have never enjoyed doing so, but what's a girl gonna do?!  I always joked about getting married and quitting my jobs, and just focusing on being a homemaker.  The reactions from those around me were less than enthused.  Once getting engaged, I realized whether I wanted to quit my job or not, I couldn't.  You see, we were in debt.  I wince just saying it.  My husband and I had some nasty spending habits.  I knew I would have to work and help pay things off.  Two months after saying "I do," I unexpectedly lost my job.  I tried for months to find something else.  I had very few interviews, and no real prospective.  I slowly stopped looking, but felt so useless.  I was surfing the web, and googled on how to make a house a home, because I wanted our "house" to feel like home.  I stumbled across a site called passionatehomemaking.com  Once at this site, looking through pages, I felt the strongest burden laid upon my heart.  To be content with being at home.  It wasn't as easy as it sounded though!  We had debt, and just my husband was working.  I soon realized, if we made a budget, and stuck to it, we would have enough money.  I was awe struck.  We stuck to our budget, and things worked.  It was tight, and we didn't worry about money for awhile.  I prayed, and within months of realizing I wanted to be a homemaker, and I thought this is where I should be, my husband got a much better job!  He got a major pay increase, and the price of our insurance wasn't as high.  Needless to say, it's been an emotional year!  Managing a household is much more difficult than expected, but it is rewarding in a way that cannot be described!  That's just a bit about me and how I've ended up where I am.  I am sure more is on it's way!

No comments: