12/10/12

Christmas Cookies

Have you done any baking yet?!  I haven't, but hope to do some this coming weekend.  Baking is one of my favorite holiday traditions!  I've seen a lot of great recipes on pinterest lately and thought I'd compile a recipe resource for your holiday baking!  Hopefully ya'll have eaten recently, if not this is bound to make you crave something yummy and sweet!


1.  Slice and Bake cookies.  Uh, how ingenious is this?!  This would be great for gifts to give, or if you wanted to have an easy bake day with younger children.  It'd also be great to make and freeze to have on hand for satisfying that sweet tooth!


2.  Sugared Wreath Cookies.  I love the looks of these!  They are so sweet, and so nostalgic to me.  I could totally envision them on the table for a Christmas party next to a tinseled tree back in the 1950's!


3.  Wreath Cookies.  Ok kids, does anyone else have memories of these from church gatherings or Christmas parties at school?!  I do!  These aren't the picture of homemade healthy, but they are delicious.


4.  Turtle Cookies.  These cookies makes me wish it was already this weekend so I could make these.  These are chocolate cookies...dipped in pecans...filled with caramel...and drizzled with chocolate!  Yum.  Yummy.  YUM!


5.  Mock Lofthouse Cookies.  My husband loves lofthouse cookies, so when I found these I knew I'd have to give them a try!  My mom and I are having my nieces and nephews over this Sunday for a cookie decorating party...these are on the menu!


6.  Snowdrops.  These are also known as Russian Tea Cakes.  They look absolutely adorable!  The ingredient list is simple, and they sound delicious!  They'd be totally adorable with the rest of your holiday treats!


7.  Decorated Christmas Cookies.  This is a tutorial on The Pioneer Woman's site.  AMAZING tutorial on decorating your cookies.  If I am at all lucky I can make some cookies that look half as good as hers!


8.  Sugar cookies that don't lose their shape.  This is supposed to be a recipe that doesn't loose it's shape when baked!  I'm so eager to try these, hoping they are delicious and live up to their name.  I hate cutting out cute shapes and then pulling blobs out of the oven.


9.  No Bake Cookies.  These are a must for us at Christmas time!  Every year my mom would make these, and oddly enough my husbands grandmother made these too.  They are chocolate-y, peanut butter-y and oh so delicious!


10.  Big Soft Ginger Cookies.  You just cannot skip on ginger cookies for the holidays!  Spicy, sweet, and often shaped into little people.  The perfect thing to add to your holiday cookie platter!

I hope you enjoyed!  Feel free to share your favorite cookie recipes or links to the recipes below!  I love seeing what others are baking up!

No comments: