6/24/11

Unexpected

Life can be so unexpected sometimes!  Today we're taking an unplanned road trip to Joplin, Missouri.  Rob's mothers, aunt passed away earlier this week.  Rob and I never met his aunt, but his mother really wanted to go to her funeral.  We're picking her up this afternoon, and making the 2 and a half hour trip down to Joplin, going to the funeral, and then trekking back.  I'm taking my camera with me to document the destruction in Joplin.  I'm sure most everyone knows the horrible tornado that recently hit there.  It's actually rather impressive because at the end of last year Rob's mom lived in Joplin and we moved her up here.  The place she stayed at was just minutes away from the destruction that resulted from the tornado.  It's crazy how God works.

Tomorrow we're actually celebrating Becky's (Rob's mom) birthday.  My mom graciously opened her home to accommodate a small dinner party, followed by lots of games!  I'll actually be trying out a new lasagna recipe, and for birthday cake I'm making Beatty's Chocolate Cake Seriously, you have to try this recipe!! It is simply delicious.

The last thing I'd like to mention is that this is my 91st blog entry!!  9 more to go until I hit 100 posts!  I plan on doing my very first giveaway!! Stay tuned!!

2 comments:

Schy said...

Sorry to hear about the loss of family & drive safely on y'alls trip. The chocolate cake recipe looks great. However, one part of the commentary confused me a bit>>
Now, it's time for the secret ingredient!! 1 cup of hot, freshly brewed coffee!! This really brings out the flavor of the chocolate! If you don't like chocolate don't worry, you can't taste it!

I'm sure you meant coffee and this was just a typo but it made me giggle a little ;)

Monica said...

Sophie, this will be my first giveaway, and I have no previous experience, so it may be interesting!! Haha! That just wouldn't be fair!! :P