3/25/11

Say What

I didn't mention it on this blog, but during the entire month of January I stopped drinking pop.  This was a pretty big deal, because drinking pop had become a very bad habit of mine.  I went the entire month without pop, and since then I’ve only had pop on occasion.  It really helped me kick the habit and get things back into a more healthy perspective.  The last month or so, I’ve felt the need to eat healthier.  It’s really been on my mind, but I’ve been scared of committing to something for fear I won’t be able to follow it through.  After much debate, I’ve decided to go the next 4 weeks without eating processed food.  I want to eat whole foods only, so no white bread, white pasta, white flour, fast food or…sugar.  I can feel myself dying already!  I’ve heard a lot of people say that if you cut processed foods out you don’t crave them anymore.  So, I guess I’ll be finding out first hand!  I’ll be updating about this journey at least once every week until my 4 weeks are over.
In other news, I’ve been happily getting things together for my parent’s 25th wedding anniversary.  I know we are for sure, 100% having their party here.  I have decided on the menu, and made quite a few decisions on what decorations to use, and what supplies I need.  I know it sounds a little premature but it’s just 3 months away and I wanted a fairly accurate cost estimate.  I’m also known to be a very bad procrastinator, and I don’t want to push this till last minute and stress myself out more than I need too.  I’m extremely excited about this party though, I can’t wait to surprise my mom and dad.  I have such a great vision in mind!  You guys will probably be hearing more on this in the future, and there may be some tutorials.  I know for sure I’m going to be making my mom and dad a wedding cake for this party.  My mom used to be a cake decorator so I know a bit about how she did things.  I hope to be able to replicate what she did, and I’ve already warned my husband he may have to try lots of cake in the coming months.  He didn’t seem very scared though!!
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!

No comments: